What A Mom Wants

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Yesterday was the 6th month birthday of my baby, Nealon. How time flies. Just months ago, I remember the time when I first held my baby. He was the most precious I've ever laid eyes upon and ever touched with my hands. I could not ask for more back then. Now, six months after, I don't think I can say the same thing.

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying that I am not contented just for having Nealon by my side. What I meant is that, I want him to live the life of comfort and satisfaction that he can do anything he wants (not the bad ones of course), anything he takes passion for, without having to choose weather the act would be benefiting or would gain something in return. I believe that my parents did all their best and have provided us more than what they're supposed to be giving us, but really, money does not come that easy. I understand that in full honesty and I've always been grateful for what my parents have given us but for my own son, I just want to give him more. Maybe when you get to be a parent yourself, you would realize just how much you can give to your child and for them to have it all is the prime goal of your life. All else becomes second ones.

I believe that all parents want nothing than to be able to give the very best of everything for their child. For me, what I want for my baby is for him to find his passion and be able focus himself on it and excel on it. I want my son to do what he enjoys doing without having to think if doing so would earn money or material wealth. Back in my college days, just before graduation, my perspective of the life ahead is all about getting a job that gives above average pay for a neophyte like me to be able to easily get rich and buy all the things I've always wanted. And where did I end up? In a call center. My first job was in a call center. Did I enjoy my work as an agent? No. Its not because I hate the job, but the truth is, it was never my passion. It wasn't enjoyable for me because being an agent and working night shifts is not something that interests me. I know a lot of people enjoy their work in the call center industry and was able to climb the top of the ladder in their industry, and for me, they were able to reach that because that is their passion. Maybe they do better during night shifts or maybe speaking with clients over the phone is something that they enjoy doing and for that, they were able to efficiently do their work. It doesn't matter what kind of job you do have. I've realized that the more passionate you are in what you are doing, the more you will excel.

Whether Nealon wants to be a pilot, a musician, an artist, a businessman, an IT engineer (just like me and daddy!), a writer, a showbiz actor, a public servant, a priest, an engineer, a photographer etc. I will let him be. My main goal in life right now is to provide him the support he needs to get him there. To enrich him with the wisdom he needs for him to grab his dreams. I want him to really chase his dreams and not easily give up. I don't want him to end up being a mediocre of some sort. After all, I think I have just found the most passionate thing I could ever do in this lifetime, and that is to rear my child into being a well brought-up and first class individual.

Happy 6th month, dear son. Thank you for letting me find one of my passions. I love you in my every heartbeat.

You Might Also Like

0 comments