I Owe It All to Motherhood

Thursday, March 08, 2012

For the moms out there, do you remember those times when you were still that oh-so-sexy-single-lady? When your waistline was still 24 and the only thing you worry about is what pair of shoes would compliment your newly bought dress?

As for me, I remember those times vividly. Yes, I admit I miss that state where I have all the time for myself and all the money for myself too :). That free-spirited young girl who wants to discover the world and live a life with nothing but pure fun and adventures, lacking responsibility to anyone but ourselves. But everything changed the moment I saw that little bean inside my womb with a heart beat.

Being a mother has changed me in so many ways I can't actually enumerate in one sitting. And those changes made me a person better than all that I had been in the past. Let me point out how motherhood changed my perspective at that very moment the 2 lines on my frog test appeared.

1. I became more health conscious. There is no room for sickness when you are a mother. You've got to have all the energy you can have because the demands of being a new mother is so high sometimes 24hours is just not enough to do everything. When I became a mother I started taking my vitamins, eat healthy foods, do some walking (arrgghh please I never really like exercise hehehe), and take as much sleep as I can. This is all for my baby who needs me to take care of him and I can only do that if I am healthy and have enough strength.

2. Everyday is new day of positive perspective. Morning become more and more beautiful seeing my son and husband beside. It just makes you look forward for the whole day with a more positive energy and good vibes, with the certainty that everything will be ok.

3. It makes you a rediscover yourself. Being a mum gave me more confidence that I can do more than what I've ever accomplished before. It thrives in me the need to become the best version of myself for my son and family. I have discovered that I can be a better in my career, that I can be a better wife, be better in cooking, etc. but most of all, I became a better person.

4. It made me more appreciative. Whatever I have, be it little or big, I always, always thank the Lord for it wholeheartedly. Instead of asking for more, I just give thanks to God and whatever I want more in life I am the one responsible to achieve it. God will help but that doensn't mean I give Him all the works. Being a mother makes you realize what are really your necessities in life. And all the other perks that we have, I began to appreciate it more.

 There are just so many things I've learned through motherhood. And I know this is just the start. Everyday is a learning process for me. And I'm just thankful to have the privilege of being called "Mommy". :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments