Sisig Tofu

Saturday, May 04, 2013

I admit that I am not really a good cook and the only people who genuinely thinks that my cooking is comparable to a chef's, are my husband and son. Isn't a family the greatest gift in the world?! :)

But being a wife and a mother, its a must to know how to cook. So little by little I'm starting to learn a few dishes I find online. Browsing through this forum for girls, I found this easy to cook dish that I think is everyone would appreciate especially for people like me who wants to lessen meat intake. Here's the recipe:

2 large piece tofu (I found a tofu like this in the supermarket)


2 onions, chopped
5 siling pang-sigang
2 sachets of oyster sauce
5 tbsp mayonnaise
5 tbsp water
2 tsp sugar
2 tsp soy sauce
salt and pepper

1. Fry the tofu until light brown. After frying, slice the tofu thinly making small cubes.
2. Mix the mayo, oyster sauce, water, sugar, soy sauce in a bowl.
3. In a pan, saute onion and siling pang sigang. Add the tofu.
4. Pour in the mixed sauce and let it simmer. Add salt and pepper to adjust taste.
 * If you want more spice, just add more chili.

Easy, breezy! Not a lot of preparations and not a lot of time to do it. Best of all, everybody loves it. Even my baby! No wonder its very popular and recommended by many in the forum where it was posted. Thank you to whoever have posted this recipe, I really appreciate it! Here's the finish product by the way:


Stay positive my friends... and past it on!

You Might Also Like

0 comments