Review: The Manor at Camp John Hay

Tuesday, February 20, 2018

As I've mentioned in one of my previous posts, I love checking in to beautiful hotels whenever we travel. Doesn't mean a five-star hotel, I just want a beautiful hotel to stay in because I want to feel relaxed and at home, even just inside the hotel, whenever we are out and on a vacation. I especially look for hotels with nice feedback regarding the cleanliness of the room and the whole place itself. Most of the time, these hotels with high standards are expensive. But for me, as long as the rates of their rooms are reasonable, I am willing to allot a bigger portion of our travel budget for hotel rooms.

Hotels in Baguio 

Researching for the best hotels in Baguio, its already expected to see The Manor at Camp John Hay always on the top of every list. There are other contenders for the list though, like the Baguio Country Club, which I also considered but it was more expensive. I am really OC when it comes to the hotels we would be staying in. I will read and research a lot about that certain hotel that I am eyeing. If I see any single bad feedback, I need first to analyze if its something that I can tolerate or not. So that's what I did with The Manor Hotel. In all fairness, I have not read any bad or offensive feedback about them. All the blogs and feedbacks I've read regarding the hotel were all nice. So when I arrived at the hotel, I really have high standards set in my mind because of all these pleasant things I've read about them. And boy, they did not disappoint.

I was immediately transported to another place right after arriving at The Manor. The facade of the hotel was designed like an old wooden cottage so you can immediately feel the charm of the whole place. Adding to the appeal of the hotel are the Christmas decorations, the pine trees surrounding it and of course, the cold weather of Baguio.





Some photos at the front yard of the hotel:




Sorry for the dark photo, but this family photo still deserves to be posted. The background is all about The Nativity.


The Manor at Camp John Hay Facade

The Manor Inside Premises

Going to our room I was mesmerized by the wooden hallways all around the hotel.





And of course, a fireplace will always be charming in my eyes...

At the fireplace.


I booked their Deluxe Room with Forest view. It was nice except that I didn't know that you need to state in your booking request/preference for a room on the upper floor if you want to have a nice veranda/balcony. I was really imagining sitting on the room balcony and sipping my coffee in the morning but that didn't happen. Because we were placed on the ground floor rooms. The balcony wasn't adorable at all because there was a tall wall, almost 4 feet high, encompassing the whole balcony because the forest ground was a bit high plus the scent of the ground was not that good so better take the coffee indoor, which was my utmost dismay during our whole stay.

But the whole room was very cozy considering that there was no air conditioner in all rooms inside the hotel. They only ceiling fans. During our stay, the room was cold even during the afternoon, most especially in the evening that we even had to wrap ourselves with a blanket.

The room can accommodate four adults because the beds are big and the whole room was spacious.







I forgot to take a picture of the bathroom but the bathroom was also big. We took a little nap after lunch because we were kinda exhausted from the long drive. After nap time, we strolled around the hotel.


my cousins and their children visited us at The Manor

I love the night time.

A choir was playing at garden area because it was still Christmas season.



We went to the Technohub (just in front of Camp John Hay entrance gate) during night time to have some dinner because apparently, the food at the hotel was expensive. You can find many Camp John Hay restaurants and fastfood that could fit anyone's budget. We also discovered that one of the many Camp John Hay activities you can do is shopping. Mile Hi Center, which was just a walking distance from The Manor, is where you can find outlets of some branded shoes, clothes, cosmetics, etc. You can find out more about  it here:

 http://www.fashionrack.com.ph/outlets-camp-john-hay-mile-hi-center/


Le Chef at the Manor

In the morning, I will never miss the opportunity for a good, hearty breakfast whenever I am at a good hotel. You know why? Not only because breakfast is my favorite meal but also it is only during vacation times that I don't need to get up early and cook breakfast! That's what makes my hotel breakfast all the more special! Hahahaha! And of course, it's bufffeeeeettt!!


Here are some photos of buffet breakfast at Le Chef, The Manor's famous restaurant.

Some cold cuts.

Breads and pies!

B-R-E-A-K-F-A-S-T !!!








I like the openness of the restaurant because the weather is too good to be staying indoors.





I stayed at my table from 8 am to 10 am hahaha! I stuffed myself because I really love breakfast. By the way, The Manor breakfast buffet price is Php 800.00 for adults and half the price for kids. Expensive but worth it, in my own opinion.

After breakfast, we just did another stroll around the garden of The Manor while waiting for our check out time. Other amenities you can find at the hotel are the spa, the Le Chef bakery and the playground for kids.



For me, this is one of my favorite hotels. I will definitely recommend this hotel to everyone if budget permits. Staying in this hotel really completed my Baguio experience. 


Stay positive and pass it on!

For more bookings and other information about The Manor, you may click on this link:


The Manor Hotel Baguio contact number: (074) 424-0931

You Might Also Like

0 comments