Learning Digital Tools and Apps

Friday, May 11, 2018





The last few months I was not writing, I tried to learn something new, something which can be useful for me. And since I want to thrive in this digital world, then might as well learn some tools and applications I can use in my blog. Here are some that I am currently studying and exploring and I just thought may be helpful to anyone who are regularly online and also for moms like me, we can’t just be left behind in this digital era:

1. Grammarly for Chrome. 

It is a Google Chrome plugin that can check your grammar and spelling. Also, it has a feature in which you can look for synonyms by double-clicking the word you typed. It helps in enhancing your writing. For simple letters, messages, documents, social media posts or just about anything you need to write, Grammarly is of big help to make sure what you are writing is (somehow) mistake-free.

2. Canva. 

Canva is a free graphic designing tool that is very user-friendly. There are templates available for free and there are those that you need to purchase. Now this graphic tool is not just for graphics and photos.  You can also create your resume here. And presentations. And invitations. And flashcards for kids. So on and so forth. Now that’s one helpful software!

3. Search Engine Optimization (SEO). 

Now this one is a little bit technical but I think anyone can still study this. It is a big topic and there are lots of tools available on the web for this. I am trying to take a course about SEO mainly for my blog because I want to increase traffic. If you are into digital marketing this particular subject will come very handy.

4. VideoShow. 

This is a mobile app for creating and editing videos. I like editing videos just for fun and this particular mobile app let’s me edit videos and do more. If you see those videos vloggers display on their pages, I think this one application can be used to make such. 

5. Pixlr Express. 

Pixlr Express is an online photo editor. I used it because its easy. There is also a version which is a bit more complicated and is similar to Photoshop. I don’t use that one haha. I use the Express version because I want apps that I am using to be stress-free and easy to use. With Pixlr Express, I can put stickers, enhance colors of my photos, and put a watermark on my photos as easy as 1 2 3.


So there you go. These are some of the things that keep me busy right now. I don’t want to say that I am in a slack right now. I may not be in the corporate world today but it doesn’t mean I am being a couch potato (oh please, I am a mother!). Truth is, I am attending to my family and household chores and I am just trying to squeeze in reading and studying about these stuff in my schedule. I’ve discovered something about myself, and that is that I can’t stop learning. I will always find a way to learn something new. It may just be a simple application for some but for me, I’m just happy to teach myself something new.

Simple things like these can go a long way. Don’t ever tell yourself that your learning and knowledge are small compared to others. It is not how genius you are, but how willing you are to learn, to discover, to better yourself.

Staying positive here, so I can pass it on.


You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Hurrah for Pixlr Express! I used this very often in the past, especially for watermarking my photos.

    I'm curious about Canva so I guess I'll give it a try.

    Nice one madam Jo. :D Life is a never-ending class -- lots of things to learn everyday! :D

    ReplyDelete