Coron Palawan Family Trip

Tuesday, October 04, 2016

Hoorraayyy for discovering new places! I admit that I am not much of a traveler but I do love vacations. Its my way to relax and get away from stress. I also consider it as a way of a family to bond together and create wonderful memories. When my mom passed away, I realized how important it is for a family to have a time together. It doesn't have to be grand, what's important is that you create lots of memories together as family as much as you can, so when somebody in the family leaves, you can still hold on to those happy memories. It always helps in moving forward...

Ok, enough of the drama because there's no feeling of sadness when you talk about Coron Palawan! I love this island! Truly, our country has been blessed by the Almighty and this is validated by the beautiful places we have here. The pictures wouldn't do justice in describing how amazing this island is! So forgive me because the ones I'm gonna share here are all taken using only Iphone 6plus and Samsung phones. The underwater shots are from GoPro we rented from our tour guide. We didn't bother bringing SLR camera because it might not be ideal to do so, knowing the activities we will be doing.

Delayed flight. No complaints as long as we arrive safely :)


Coron Palawan Itinerary Day 1

Here we go... Once we landed at the airport, we were greeted by the greenery of the place. Even if we were exhausted because of the delayed and not so smooth flight (turbulence all the way), we immediately got relaxed while riding the van going to our hotel just by looking around the place. By the way, we booked our accommodation through Agoda.com because they have great discounted rates for hotel bookings.

I can smell the grass even by just looking at this picture!

This side of the archipelago is truly breath taking.


Upon arrival at the hotel, we were greeted warmly by the staff of Coron Westown Resort. I will be posting another blog for a review of this hotel because I just loved their hotel. Its the first hotel you will pass by coming from the airport, which makes it the farthest hotel (I think) from the town proper. For us, it was ok because we wanted a quiet place to stay. There are lots of Coron Palawan hotesl in the town but we opted for Coron Westown because the reviews in Agoda website were really nice and I got convinced with the pool hahaha! We needed the swimming pool because the kids love swimming.
I feel the need to take a solo pic at the entrance haha!

The kids got excited so we swam on the pool even if we arrived late.


Coron Palawan Itinerary Day 2

The morning after. Ready for the activities



The first pool is for kids, the one farther is for adults. A third pool is located at the lower level of the hotel lobby.


Because we travel with kids and one senior citizen (my adventurous dad), we only took 2 Coron island tour, plus we didn't have enough time as the flight we booked were late afternoon(arrival to Coron) and early morning (departure back to Manila). I have to commend our tour guide, Sea Farers Tours, because they were really accommodating and we were well-assisted especially the kids all throughout the 2 day activity. By the way, Sea Farers Tour was the travel agency hired by Byahe Ni Drew show at GMA 7 when they went to Coron. The first day tour was really challenging, the Coron Island Tour. We started off at Siete Pecados where we had our snorkeling activity.

Ohana!






The marine life of Coron is one that we can boast off. Its beauty is truly impeccable. And you have to experience it yourself to see how beautiful the underwater life of this island is.

After Siete Pecados, we headed to Kayangan Lake. Getting to Kayangan Lake requires hiking 150 steps up and 150 steps down... and with 3 kids in tow, this activity was really a challenge. But everything was worth it not just because of being able to see the cleanest lake in the country but also the hiking, though tiring, is something we could always reminisce when we and the kids grow old.

Our tour guide prepared our lunch which was also part of the package. I loved their seafood dishes and they also added grilled chicken and hotdog for the kids since they are not into seafood. So us, adults devoured into this delicious meal:

Eating with hands... the best!




They also provided bottled water and softdrinks. For snacks, we had cupcakes and some native Filipino kakanin. We had our lunch at Banol beach and stayed there for a while before heading to another tour site.


Crystal clear waters of  Kayangan Lake

Whose blog is this again? Mine. So better get used to my solo pics hehehe.

My almost 5 yr old son and his dad climbing the steps of  Kayangan Lake hike

Banol Beach has fine white sands.
Swoosh and his cousins.


An hour of relaxation at Banol beach and we're off to Shipwreck which is one of the famous Coron Palawan tourist spots. We didn't take much photos because only my husband and my brother in law were able to go down in the deep water as we are all scared to do so hahaha!


Coron Shipwreck

The next and last stop was Twin Lagoon. It was really nice except that we saw a jellyfish upon arrival. Good thing we were still in the boat when we saw it.

Yaayyy! I don't want to be bitten by this thing not even in my dreams!

Another challenge was going at the other side of the lagoon because it was high tide. So that means the opening under the rocks that's supposed to be the entrance to the second lagoon was somehow filled with water and you need to lie down to be able to pass through the hole. Another option was to climb the stairs if you don't like to go under the tunnel. I got this picture through pinterest so you can imagine what I'm describing:

grabbed from pinterest.com
The kids didn't like the idea of going under that small tunnel so we needed to climb the stairs. On the other side the last step of the stair was too high from the water and you need to jump because its the only way to get to the water. That was the struggle because firstly, the stair was really slippery you need to be very careful. Secondly, the kids got scared jumping from the last step because its too high. Good thing Kuya Jonas and the other guides from Sea Farers Tour were very helpful and they are already an expert to this kind of situation. Kuya Jonas carried my son, Swoosh, and helped him to climbed up and down the stairs. The other kuyas also assisted my two nephews.

We made it!

The Twin Lagoon was the last destination for our first day Coron Palawan Package Tour. It was magnificent inside the lagoon. How I wish we could stay longer but it was almost 5pm when we got there so we need to come back to the town before it gets dark.


And there goes one of the most exhausting but still amazing tour I've ever been! I hope I can really make you feel while reading how enjoyable Coron island is. But of course, nothing beats experiencing it for yourself. :)

Lastly, a cute pic from our small family!




Stay positive and pass it on!



You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. I love the underwater photos! The fish are so colorful. <3

    I'm still a bit scared of open water, kudos to you for letting your kid experience the joy of swimming. That's one of my regrets in life, not starting early in my water adventures. :p

    Thanks for sharing this post. I hope I could visit Coron too in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I can feel your joy on your photos! Based on your experience, would you suggest a trip to Coron with 3 yr old child? I am a bit paranoid here, do we need extra precaution on mosquito bites like prophylaxis shot for Malaria? Looking forwards to your reply as a mom I really want to ensure health and safety as we are eyeing on Coron trip. Thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sis! The activities in Coron trip are kinda extreme especially going to twin lagoon and kayangan lake. You might have some difficulties with a 3 year old in tow but but but! I recommend our tour guide, they were very helpful with the kids and they really know what they're doing. They would really assist you with your child in utmost care. Mosquito repellent would do, no worries about the mosquitoes. Hope this helps!!! Thank you for reading!

      Delete