Review: Coron Westown Resort

Monday, October 17, 2016

Before booking our hotel to be stayed at in Coron Island, I have listed 3 non-negotiable categories :

1. A nice pool. Because the kids love to swim and of course, it takes away boredom when you have nothing to do in the hotel.

2. I want a clean hotel. Who would want to stay in a hotel that has a "cockroach flying" review?. Not me, please.

3. Affordable. I've got a budget to I need to stick to and I don't want to get broke just because I spent too much on a vacation.

So I read a lot of reviews online and compared Coron Palawan hotels, not compromising my non-negotiables and carefully eliminating other categories I can do without. After doing my research and consulting my sisters and also my dad if they agree with my decision, we finally booked:

Coron Westown Resort


Delayed flight, as usual, we got to the hotel almost 5 PM. From the Coron Busuanga airport, this is the first hotel you can pass by going to the town proper. A van was waiting for us in the airport which was actually a good thing given that we were all drained by the delayed flight plus some turbulence because of the weather. We did not include the van in our booking because we thought we could just hire a van from the airport but just the same, the hotel was kind enough to send a van to fetch us, for a fee of course.







The hotel has a simple lobby where guests can rest in the sofas and connect online because a free wifi is supplied at the lobby. You can also talk with your tour guide at the hotel's lobby. I think that Coron Westown is already familiar with some of the tour guides in the island so they let them in the lobby so guests can discuss their business with them without having to leave the hotel.

Coron Westown Resort lobby


A fish pond can also be seen from the lobby:




A swing is also available:



I love the poolside!

Those balconies at the back are our rooms!

The pool, of course, is one of the main attractions:

Coron Westown pool


night swimming!

View from the third floor.

The Rooms


The rooms that we booked, I would have to say I loved it! Its very spacious, its clean, and most of all, it has a rack in the balcony of our rooms for hanging wet clothes. It is of big help especially after going for a swim, we do not need to hang our wet clothes inside our bathroom dripping all over the bathroom floor. Please agree with me on this, ahahaha!

Balcony leading directly to the pool!


A refrigerator is inside that cabinet in the corner.


TV has a cable too!
Separate toilet and shower. Basic toiletries are also provided.

The Food


We decided to try their restaurant for we are all exhausted to go out during our first night in Coron. I have no qualms regarding the taste of the food. It wasn't that superb or the very best, but the food we ordered were all tasty and enjoyable. Simply put, we had a delightful meal.

Some of the food we ordered.

Another thing that I like about the hotel is that they do have a mini-jeep ready in case you need to go around the town. If you travel with a big group like us, this is highly recommended as hiring a tricycle would cost you more. You have to pay 150 pesos one way if you're going to use the jeep, if you prefer tricycle, the fare is 30 pesos per passenger. Here's the hotel's mini-jeep:

Cool, right?

They also provide breakfast buffet. For me, it wasn't one of the best features of the hotel. Nothing special with the food variety but for me its just ok, a typical morning meal that helps to fuel you throughout the day.



Things you need to know

Some other things you need to know about the hotel:

1. The hotel also cleans the room everyday without the need to request for a housekeeping. This is a good thing, just make sure important things are kept secured.

2. A band plays at the bar beside the swimming pool every night. If I'm not mistaken until midnight. Since our rooms were in the ground floor, we can hear the music inside our room. But we were so exhausted after the whole day activity so we didn't mind the music.

3. The wifi is available only at the hotel's lobby. If you are in your room wifi is too weak... and paying extra won't help either.

4. Our flight back to Manila was 7:30AM so we had to leave at 5AM. The hotel staff was kind enough to give us club sandwiches because breakfast is not yet served till 6 AM. Just inform them the night before if your flight would be early morning.


The next time I go to Coron, I would still prefer staying at this hotel. Overall, we had a very nice experience in this hotel.


Our Coron Family Trip Itinerary:

https://www.jocelynpryde.com/2016/10/coron-family-trip.html



For Coron Westown Resort room rates and contact numbers, please refer to the following contact details:

Room Booked: Premium King Bedroom
Email: coronwestownresort@yahoo.com.ph
Phone Number: +63-917-704-6176  +63-906-449-4555

You Might Also Like

0 comments