Commuting In Style: P2P Bus

Tuesday, November 08, 2016


I just feel the need to write a post for this topic. :)

Ten years plus of working in various parts of Manila and all I can say is: commuting the worst part of my job. Oh yes, its not the work, not the people, not the boss, not the environment, not the office. It has always been the travel to and from the workplace. 

When people say Manila, commuting problems may also equal nightmares. Have you experienced being stucked in a crowded bus in EDSA on a rainy, Friday evening rush hour and there's a scheduled mall sale? It was dreadful! And I am not even exaggerating! Or have you been fortunate enough to experience a malfunction of the MRT? Well, the usual problem: train was right in the middle of two stations and its 3:00 PM and the train was not moving, you were inside with hundreds of people barely having enough space to breath, the air conditioner not working, and luckily, its summer time! Oh yes, I can clearly remember those experiences, like a trauma stucked in my head hahahaha!

So you could just imagine how ecstatic I am when discovered a new way to commute from Makati(where I work) to Trinoma, Quezon City (where I ride the bus going to Bulacan). How can I not when my ride can look like this?

from P2P Premium Bus Facebook Account


Can't believe we have this in the Philippines? Yes, we do! Moreover, this type of bus has been roaming around the metro for sometime now. Its just recently that its been gaining attention because of the recent innovation they have added to their bus features. Actually, the P2P(short Point to Point) Premium Bus Service has been in operation since last year. It was deployed primarily to address the maddening traffic during Christmas season. But then, officials may have seen the potential of this service in helping to ease the traffic primarily in EDSA, so they continued the operation.

Some pics I took. Sorry because I'm not much of a photographer.


Double-decker bus with bus tablets.
You can watch movies, listen to music, play games etc while on board. Just don't forget to bring your own earphones as they do not provide it. Please excuse my fat, haggard feet, I just need you to see the leg/feet rest available in the bus aside from the cozy couch almost like a lazy boy.

Some of the ordinary buses:




A hammer that you can use to break the window glass in case of emergency.

a TV installed that shows local tv channels.

The ordinary buses have no bus tablets by they are equally comfortable for commuting. The air condition is working properly, the whole bus is tidy and the seats are also comfortable. All in all, I love this bus so much, I rarely ride the MRT now and just enjoy my sleep while traveling EDSA! Additional sleep and rest for me! Yaaaayy!

The p2p bus schedule is updated from time to time in their FB page as well as their new routes and fares. Check it out here:

https://www.facebook.com/p2pmetromanila/?fref=ts

As of today, the bus service caters to the following routes:

1. Trinoma to Glorietta 5 (vice-versa)
2  Eton Centris to Glorietta 5 (vice-versa)
3. SM North to SM Megamall ((vice-versa)



If you are not convinced with my post, I suggest you try it for yourself! Hope we'll have a lesser-than-last-year-crazy-holiday-traffic!!!


And oh wait! 45 days till Christmas?! 45?!!! Now, lemme do my shopping! :)

Stay positive and pass it on!



You Might Also Like

0 comments