Wrapping up 2016

Saturday, February 04, 2017

"Hangin' in there."

That phrase somehow sums up my whole 2016. A month has already been since 2016 ended. A lot of things have already happened but I can't seem to wrap up things that occurred in 2016. And so I realized, maybe 2016 is not supposed to be wrapped up at all. Maybe 2016 is just the beginning of something that should be continued in 2017 and the years to come.

For many a people, 2016 has been a year of challenges and changes. I agree with this. I'd been in many difficult situations last year I can barely remember beautiful memories except the obvious ones like our travels in Coron and Hong Kong. I would disagree though with people who perceived 2016 as a bad year.

For me, 2016 was a year of new discoveries and new beginnings. The year that was gave me new opportunities and new potentialities I never thought I had. Let's see how did my 2016 go:

1. I learned how to drive. I am far from being an expert but at least I know I can drive decently around Bulacan. I'm not yet ready for EDSA though. I drove around Bulacan and NLEX with my dad and sisters, my son and nephews. And for me, its quite an achievement.

2. I lost weight. Oki I admit, not a 20 lb weight loss but still I celebrate this small achievement because I also was able to bring down my glucose which was my ultimate goal last year. Again, I need to continue what I am doing to be able to bring down 20 more pounds and eventually normalize my sugar.

3. I am working out! Yes, something new and first for me. I never worked out my whole life. Its my first time to enroll in a gym and consistently work out. Its also a first for me to try boxing and Muay Thai. But you know, sometimes we fail in achieving our goals and I am just one of those people because I failed to make it a habit and to do it continuously. But hey, once you failed doesn't mean you can't do it again, right? So for the nth time, my "balik-alindog program" will continue in 2017.

4. I rekindled my love for travel. Last year, we traveled to Coron and Hong Kong. And to be honest, I hate traveling to far places for days since I've had a child. Why? Because I hate packing too many things and carrying all of it all around the airport, the bus, the van, the hotel check ins, etc. Then I have to repacked it again for the going home travel. Worse part if I miss anything that is essentially needed for a trip, that is such a hassle. I think moms can relate to my whining hehehe. But last year, since Swoosh (my unico hijo) is already 5 years old, packing for a trip was a little relaxed. Unlike before, where we had to pack diapers, milk, and at least 4 ensembles for a day, this time we don't have to do that because Swoosh has already grown up and what's even better is... he can help carry some of his own stuff. So in 2017, hopefully *fingers crossed*, if budget permits, we can travel to some other places we've never been too.

5. We started homeschooling our son, Swoosh. Its one of the many firsts I did last year and also one of the most challenging and rewarding. Swoosh can now read faster, write clearer and do math easier. It was a big challenge for me and my husband but also very rewarding to see our child learn and do new things like being enrolled in basketball and Taekwondo. Its also my first time teaching a whole book to someone hahaha! I've always thought I can't be a teacher but then you'll never know what you can do unless you become a mom hahaha!

6. Lastly, I am 35 last year! I don't know what to say about that hahaha! No other comments.

So, as I have mentioned, 2016 for me was a year of preparation onto an even more productive years ahead. The difficulties it brought that I really don't want to talk about have given more strength and courage to face the challenges of the new years to come.

And so I say, 2017... I am ready!

Pass on the positivity!




P.S. I was born in the year of the rooster, I declare 2017 is my year!

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Congrats! I'm 2016 was life-changing for you. :D Ditto on that work out goal! I've been striving to lose weight all these years. Hope we both achieve this goal this year! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot edit my comment anymore huhu. Hehe anyways. Hope to see you Jo at blogging events in the future!

      Delete
    2. thank you Kat!! We'll see each other in blogging events for sure! ay mag-join na ulit ako nuffnang for more invitations hehehe!

      Delete