The Weight of the Wait

Thursday, March 03, 2016

Looking at myself in the mirror today, I feel a little bit frustrated. Why? Because its been more than a month since I started my fitness journey and I don't think a lot has changed. I am more than afraid of stepping in a weighing scale now because I might just get even more sad. I know one month is too short to be able to see changes in my body. Its just that there are times when I feel like I am waiting for nothing. There was even a time I talked to my husband and uttered, "Daddy, pwede mo ba kong bigyan ng pera pampa-Belo na lang?!" (Daddy, can you just give me some money I can spend for Belo? -- Belo is a cosmetic surgeon, btw). We both just laughed it off at the end.


And so I am posting this fitness quote I got from the Internet:

pic from eboost.com

So whether this quote is a fact or just a plain observation from someone, I thank him for sharing this to the world. Because this just saved me from getting sidetracked again (yeah, for the nth time!) and stopped me from indulging in a tub of ice cream that has long been sitting in my fridge.


The weight of waiting to finally reach a goal is such a burden to take. Your patience will determine if you can make it or break it. And while waiting we just have to keep going. Small steps make a lot of difference. Today, I may not see a thing changed from my body but I can definitely feel a change. I feel more determined and disciplined. I feel stronger after every workout. And most of all, I feel like my body is seeking for physical activities everyday. I feel like I am missing the soreness of my muscles, the body aches I get after every training. I feel like I am taking a step back to being unhealthy and unfit again everytime a day ends without an exercise. And for that, I sense a progress in what I am doing.


I know that my waiting game is still far from the ending, but one thing is for sure: I am never giving up this time! I will gladly carry the weight of this waiting game however long it takes. Because the goal I want to achieve is as equally important as the value I can learn while waiting to reach that goal.

And for that let's end this post with a reminder of my number one goal this year: Be Disciplined.

Let's keep the positivity going around while we are waiting and pursuing our goal. Smile! If you did something to reach your goal today, even the smallest deed to reach that goal... Give yourself a pat in the back, because you are definitely doing a great job! Be positive and pass it on!


You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. "I feel like my body is seeking for physical activities everyday"

    This is so true, especially if exercising has really become a habit.

    On my case, it's been two months since I started being physically active. There are no obvious changes with how I looked (and how I weighed T^T) but I can feel my endurance is getting higher.

    Good luck on your goal. Never give up! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks kat!!! lezz do this!! pasasaan ba papayat din tayo! hehehe!

      Delete
  2. Go lang ng go madam! dalhin mo na lang yung ice cream dito sa office para di ka ma-temp. hehehehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. krishan! pang-cheat day ko kasi yung ice cream! hahahah!!!

      Delete
  3. Your blog is really very nice informative and thorough. I read the blogs each time they are sent.
    Boxing Fitness Class

    ReplyDelete