2016 Book #1: Humans of New York

Friday, February 05, 2016

Last year, I was not able to reach my goal of reading at least 20 books for the year and I hate myself for that. I am not much of a bookworm but I love reading. And not just books, I read blogs(of course!), newspapers (love the knowing about the current events), magazines (fashion, housekeeping, travel, parenthood), and everything else interesting for me. So to start the year right, I chose one book that really interests me. And that is:




Let me get the description from the site regarding what the book is all about:



I love this book! Why? Because although its mostly one-paragraph stories, all of it are true, genuine and the author a wonderful way of getting across the message each of the Humans of New York want to communicate to whoever would read their stories. You would never get bored because each page tells a new story, some of it, you surely could relate. The only thing I would like to add to this book is to please be fast in releasing the next series. I am also looking forward to a book tackling the immigrants from Syria, wherethere is currently an outbreak of war. Some of these stories are already told in HONY's Facebook page.

Some more feedback for the book would be about the clarity of the photos and the emotions where caught candidly. Brandon Stuart really knows how to capture human portraits in a way that their picture transcends the emotions of a person. And that's what real talent in photography is.


By the way, I always prefer the physical book than the e-book. I just love the smell of paper of a new book!

Humans of New York: Stories by Brandon Stanton
Price at Full Booked: P 1,470.00

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. You've already finished the book! Yay!

    Good luck on your reading challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks kat!!! planning to finish 20 books this year! kailangan maabot ko ang 20 books dahil ang konti na nga nun eh! hehehe!

      Delete