2016 Balik Alindog Program

Tuesday, January 26, 2016

For my first post for 2016, I dedicate this for my number 1 goal this year and that is: be healthy! Of course I also want to shed off my excess lbs! But I think if I set my goal to being healthy, reaching my target weight would also follow. And because its a goal, it means I need to do something to be able to reach it. So here it is:

My Pink Gloves!

Yup! This time I am trying boxing. And I'm really getting serious about this because of my uncontrolled sugar. Ugh! Signs of Aging hahahah!

The very first time I went to Elorde Fight Camp-Bulacan, I wasn't really expecting anything. I thought I'll just do some light exercises and get myself ready for boxing for the first three sessions. But I was wrong. Being a couch potato that I am (IT people can relate), the first session was really a challenge. My trainer made me do stretching at first and some strength exercise. After that, he made me hit the speed bag. And I swear, it was really frustrating because I can not hit the bag! Seeing boxers do it, I thought it was just easy, you just have to punch the bag anyway. But it wasn't just like that. Hitting the bag requires you've got to have rhythm. And so I needed some help from YouTube and found this video:




I really hope this could help me next time. By the way, as of this current writing, I just had my third boxing session and still haven't gotten the hang of it. Damn speed bag! But I think I'm progressing because I got to hit the bag 7 times continuously. It made me smile after that hahaha! I'm gonna use this guy's technique next time.

Next, he challenged me for punch mitts. Like whuutt! I never boxed my whole life and here you go, a challenge on mitts the very first day of my boxing session workout. Good thing, my trainer taught me first the correct way of punching, boxing, standing. The footwork comes next too. I was delighted to get to know new terms and of course the basics of boxing. I am beginning to love boxing. Except that I almost fainted after the sparring part hahahah! And I am not exaggerating... I really got dizzy so I asked my coach if I could take a little break first and drink some water. Coach let me rest for 5 minutes the most.

After that, I tried on the punching bag. As expected, punching bags are very heavy and it almost didn't move at all when I hit it. The challenge next time is to hit it harder so it would literally move even a little.

Next would be another mitts session with the coach. For the one and a half hour of boxing workout, I had three sparring moments. Lastly, my coach gave me a soft massage at the back (which is the best part for me hahaha!).

All in all, I gave Elorde a two thumbs up for my boxing experience. I am really beginning to love this sport. Plus the fact that Manny Pacquiao is my idol. Now I can really say that Manny's discipline put him where he is right now and he deserved every inch of it because boxing is not an easy-breezy sport. It requires great strength, a whole lot of stamina and of course, the most important, discipline. Because if you don't have it, nothing will ever be achieved.

And so I conclude this first post for 2016 is dedicated to my new number one goal this year, BE DISCIPLINED. Not just on being healthy but in everything we ever want to achieve.

By the way, here are some pics I grabbed from Elorde Fight Camp Bulacan's FB page:





And here's my encouraging words if you want to try boxing -- my after workout feelings:

grabbed from Popsugar.com


Just kidding! Give me that power punch! Stay positive and pass it on!!!

For Elorde Boxing Gym Rates and Membership, you may ask your preferred branch because I think they have different rates especially in Manila area.

You Might Also Like

0 comments