My Gratitude List

Thursday, December 17, 2015

I wish I could say that 2015 was one of my best years... sadly, it is not. The start of the year till today, as I am writing this blog, a lot of issues and problems keep on arising. And most of the time, they are affecting my whole persona.

Still, the good things always outweighs the bad things that could ever happen in one's life. And that's what keeps me from feeling and thinking negative everyday. As much as I could, I try to radiate only good vibes, because I know that some people suffer worse than me.

And so I decided to create a "Gratitude List".  These are the things I am thankful for despite having unpleasant events this year. Here it goes:

1. Healthy Family. Well, we all had coughs and colds some time in the year but nobody got a fretting disease or got critical because of accidents or sickness. If there's one thing I never forget whenever I say prayer, it would be to protect us from illness and accidents and keep us healthy and strong - mind and body. So, I thank the Lord for this year's health and wellness.

2. New Experiences. Unfortunately, I was not able to travel to new places this year. Since my son is already studying, we didn't have enough time to pursue a long vacation. But during summer time, we went to Acuatico and spent 3 days in the resort just relaxing and enjoying the time off from work. My son was so happy being able to swim for 3 days in a row and I am glad that he's not afraid of the beach anymore. Another thing, we had the chance to stay at Nobu Hotel in City of Dreams (you can read about it in my blog here) and Manila Hotel which are both 5 star hotels here in Manila. The best thing about it I would say, is being able to experience it with the whole family. Happy times indeed!

3. Financial Growth. For this year, we were able to acquire a new property. Its a real estate and we're happy about it. We paid in cash so our bank account obviously declined but I still consider it as a financial growth since we were able to take the risk of buying a land property. Next project would be... our dream house! Thank God for all His graces!

4. Meeting the Basic Needs. If you live in a decent house, eat three times a day, got yourselves covered with tidy clothes, have a modest job that provides for you and of course, if you have people who loves you unconditionally... these are more than enough reasons to be grateful. Some have none of these. That's why I never complain not being able to afford the latest gadget or dining out in the fanciest restaurant, because I always keep in mind the less fortunate. And I always thank God that he blessed me more than what I actually need and deserve.

5. New Friends. I thank God for new friends and old friends who never forget me. They still always keep in touch. New friends have new stories to share and I enjoy listening to them. I love to discover people's life and always in awe about their stories. That's how much I love life :)

6. Family. This family of mine is my biggest blessing!!! Thank you Lord for keeping us together, through the good and bad.





Gratitude List allows us to realize that there are lot of things to be grateful for in spite all the unpleasant conditions we came upon. So never fail to put a smile in your face and to your friends' face or even to a stranger's face, and hope that 2016 will be a better and lovelier year.

Cheers! Stay positive and pass it on!!!






You Might Also Like

0 comments