Miss Congeniality

Monday, March 28, 2016

Last week, after Palm Sunday's mass, I have decided to go the gym and do some boxing work out as Holy Week approches. For me, Holy Week is my time for self-reflection and I just had to halt whatever I am doing and give time to God. Yes, that includes my work out (or am I just making excuses? haha!). As I hop onto the jeep going to the gym, I was feeling a bit down on the dumps and was thinking maybe I should just go back home. But then again, I need to stick to my plan in order to accomplish my goal. Besides, I'll have the next 6 days without workout so I told myself lets just get this day done.



When I entered the gym, I was surprised that there was only one girl training for Muay Thai. It was a Sunday so I was expecting some people to arrive early. And then my mood lightened up when I saw that it was Karen who was training on the ring. Weee! I actually just knew her about a week ago but we see each other most of the time in the gym before we got acquainted because she also trains during the mornings (we are the early birds at the gym!). 


When Karen approached me the last time we saw each other in the gym, saying she added me on Instagram, I really got thrilled! I've been in this gym for 2months now and I just realized I have yet to make friends with anyone. I admit I got the "resting bitch face" but people who know me would say I can be a very approachable person(naks!). I just love meeting and getting to know another person. It gives me pleasure whenever my conversation with a total stranger effortlessly clicks (but I do get wary trusting others, too) and connection starts to begin. I just feel wonderful!


Anyway, here's my new friend, Karen Dionisio, I have learned that she is into Sales at Canon Ph in Pampanga. She is also an entrepreneur, having an online and physical store: Kalooka Kalooka. We didn't have much time talking because we needed to succumb to our training routines but I made sure we have a picture together:


Isn't she pretty?!

The thing about new friendship blossoming is that, everything about it is raw and fresh. Thank God for this girl because now, we're two early birds in the gym. I do get bored sometimes when I hit the gym in the morning and I am all alone. There are times when I enjoy hitting the big bag in the gym all by myself and nobody's around, like its my "I can do this" moment and pure motivation flowing all over me, but there are also times when I feel so alone when I am the only one moving in the whole gym. My workout goes on to slack whenever that happens. Don't get me wrong, I still focus on my goal even if I feel gloomy some days, its just that for me, it helps me get more motivated when I see other people at the gym sweating it all out because they are also trying to reach a goal.


So there you go! Another day at the gym and I am happy to say that I am enjoying it now and I do have this feeling that I am going to continue this boxing workout for quite a while. Next gym buddy picture goal be like:


grabbed from Victoria's Secret IG account.



Stay positive and pass it on!

You Might Also Like

0 comments