Review: Vitalis Villas at Santiago Ilocos Sur

Monday, April 01, 2019

February last year, I was ecstatic to attend my friend's wedding at Ilocos Sur to be one of her bridesmaids. Yaaayyy! Just when I thought I am already into the "ninang" (principal sponsor) level, I was still given a chance to be a bridesmaid. I feel so young haha!

So, we went to Vitalis Villas, which is located at Santiago Cove, Ilocos Sur, February last year to witness the marriage of Troy and Joan. We've known them for years and we can't let it pass when they invited us to their wedding. And we didn't regret the long drive; the wedding place was astounding. Destination weddings can be a bit more stressful in preparation for the groom and bride than an ordinary wedding, but for the guests, these are the kind of weddings that is truly unforgettable especially if executed very well.


Santiago Cove Ilocos Sur


We arrived at Vitalis Villas a day before the wedding. We planned this as our family/vacation time too. To be honest, I've never been to this far side of the north. I was excited to reach the place and discover the good things about this side of the Philippines. And it was far more than I expected. So we head on to NLEX and then to TPLEX. After Pozzorubio exit, we headed to La Union. While inside the car, we saw the beach of La Union. The blue waves were just so picturesque! I remember the same feeling I felt when I saw Boracay for the first time. Unfortunately, La Union was not our destination so we did not bother to stop by because Ilocos was still far. But a glimpse of San Juan, La Union beach already got me thinking I will come back here and experience this beach.

Looking through the map, Santiago, Ilocos Sur is at the edge of the Philippine Map. I just feel kinda weird and wonderful being "at the edge", literally speaking, of the archipelago. Entering the Vitalis Villas resort, I felt amused. It's like I was transported to another side of the earth. Yes, Santorini feels.

Grabbed from Gles Fuerte.

It was 2 PM when we arrived at the place. Lunch was included in our package. The buffet was only until 2 PM but they still accommodated us and gave us plated lunch. Complete with rice, viand, pastries for dessert and juice. Food tasted good too.

The Beach at Vitalis White Sands


A little nap after eating and we were already up for some wandering. The whole resort is painted in blue and white only. Its a treat for my eyes! I loved the whole Santorini theme of this resort because you know that they put on a lot of effort in making you feel that you are in Greece, even the ground was made with cobblestones with lots of pavements in the resort. So goodluck if you are going here with your 5-inch pointed heels. We went to check out the beach at their other resort, Vitalis White Sand, which was not very far but you would need to take the free shuttle to get there so that the employees on the other resort would know that you are from Vitalis Villas.



vitalis villas shuttle


The beach was okay. Its not the white sand beach but the sand was fine and clean and the water is shallow. And clean. Children can play because a big area has shallow waters.

Vitalis White Sands beach
The kids are already far from the shore but its still shallow part.





Room and Surrounding

We went back and stroll around the resort -- its all blue and white!

Pool near our room





Now for the room interiors, because everything is in blue and white, dirt can be easily spotted. I am glad to say that when we entered our room, it was very neat and clean and tidy. By the way, we checked in to the superior room. Its the cheapest but the room was spacious!


A sofa which you can also use as a bed.


Jumping in the King bed after entering the room!

I was impressed with the bathroom's toilet because of this:

Vitalis Villas toilet
hahahaha! 

Vitalis Villas restroom
Big mirror in the bathroom and a rainshower too. TV mounted in the walls but not so conveniently positioned as you can see.


I had a chance to look at the groom's room the night before the wedding so everything's still in order because I'm sure the next day it will be chaos for the preparations. Here are some pictures I was able to capture. By the way, this is a room with three bedrooms with dining room and kitchen. There's also a veranda but I was not able to take a picture of it. Well, all I'm trying to say is... this room is huge!


vitalis villas room




Dinner came and we grabbed food at the buffet dinner in their restaurant. By the way, if you are going to book a room at Vitalis Villas, the rate is inclusive of breakfast, lunch and dinner buffet, which is a super good deal because its all buffet so just stuff yourself after your activities in the resort. No need to wait for orders and definitely no need to choose from the menu because you can taste everything in the buffet table. I would like to think that they included the food in the room rates because Vitalis Villas is kinda far from the town or from some food establishments.


Vitalis Villas Wedding

I would like to share some of our pictures during the wedding. Just a glimpse of the wedding because its really not mine to share. Some of the photos are from their official photographer, Photogenics.


Vitalis Villas Church
Immaculada Concepcion Church inside the resort

The Immaculada Concepcion church inside the resort was built for intimate weddings. Its not that big but enough to accommodate maybe up to 150 guests. But the church is so beautiful inside and even have a painted ceiling.




Its the West Philippine Sea for the groom's background!


The beautiful bride with the white rooms as her background.




I love this couple!


The food was superb!!! Everything was delicious! I want to ravage all the food but I can only eat enough. I love Greek food from now on! Except for Cyma restaurant dishes... So sorry Cyma fans, I just don't like their food...



vitalis villas wedding food



And just so you know, I'm the owner of this blog and so this blog post cannot go on without my picture! 

bridesmaid at 36
Yours truly!

Vitalis Villas to Vigan


The next day, before we go home, we made a side trip to Vigan which is about an hour from Vitalis Villas. I love Vigan except for its very humid and hot weather during that time. I think I almost got dehydrated hahaha!

Vigan

Of course, my main purpose of going to Vigan is to buy their famous bagnet and longanisa and my favorite, Marsha's Royal bibingka. Ah, now I'm craving! *sad* 

Our trip to Vitalis Villas was definitely worth it. I surely would like to come back to explore more the resort because I didn't have enough time since the whole second day was spent for the wedding from 7AM till night. But I may not be coming back any time soon because I think there are still a lot of beautiful places to see on this side of the north. For one, La Union and also Baler. Lastly, in my own opinion, the room rates are expensive but worth it because it already includes food and the room was spacious and the whole resort was beautiful. By the way, they also have Vitalis Villas Day Tour only if you want to spend the night elsewhere.

Vitalis Villas Room Rates

Our Vitalis Villas room rate for 2 adults and 1 child, superior room, 3 days 2 nights, including breakfast, lunch, dinner and free access to their mini zoo: P 18,710.00

If you need to know more about Vitalis Villas rates, package inclusion, etc, you may contact them through their contact number at this website:

Vitalis Villas Booking 

Information:

http://www.vitalisvillas.ph/vitalis/
Santiago Cove Ilocos Sur



Heading to the south? We've got a recommendation, too!

Escala Tagaytay
https://www.jocelynpryde.com/2017/06/review-escala-tagaytay.html

Stay positive and pass it on!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Nice! That place looks so awesome. What a clever business concept also -- you build a resort to serve as a wedding venue, complete with a church inside. The rates are indeed expensive but I guess that's justifiable because you get what you pay for!

    By the way, ang pretty mo naman medem. :)

    ReplyDelete