To Read Again...

Monday, April 08, 2019

Reading has always been my favorite hobby. Pair it with coffee and I can go the whole day not glancing even one second towards the TV. Of course, it’s got to be a good book. Recent years, I had been very busy and I dismissed my reading habit for some other things like social media, Netflix, Korea novelas, social media, Netflix, Korea novelas, social media… hahahaha! These are usually my nonsense distractions, aside from the worthy ones like the laundry, cleaning the house, and of course researching for our homeschooling. Too much chores and I am just too exhausted to grab a book. 




But, one of the things I want to impart to my son is my love for reading. Simply put, if I wish to do that I must first show him that I am also a reader and show him too the importance of books. So now, I am back to my reading habits which made me realize this one hobby of mine is something that I can consider “sparks joy” in my life. Also, I want to improve my writing and I think reading more would help me do that. I also decided that my goal for this year aside from writing is to read at least 20 books. Wow! 20! That’s a lot for someone with so little time. Hahaha! Am I daydreaming about this goal or what?! I know some would roll an eye with 20 books being too few for them. The thing is if I want to have a goal that is attainable. 50 books would be lovely for the whole year but I’ve got only an hour or so a night for reading. In some months like these - March April May - I have more time so I'm making the most of it because school season is over. But once our homeschooling resumes, I barely have time for myself. Anyway, in the pursuit of reading good books only so as to make the most of my so little time, I am listing down here the books I am to accomplish reading this year. I hope you can give me more suggestions as I just found these online and I am basing how good the book is based on people’s reviews. Here you go: 

1. The Subtle Art of Not Giving a Fvck - "F**k positivity," Mark Manson says. "Let’s be honest, shit is f**ked and we have to live with it.” -- now that’s something I want to read. 

2. Maze Runner series (4books) – for fiction, I chose this. This one I chose because I bought the book series from Big Bad Wolf sale last year. I haven’t gotten the chance and the motivation to pick it up and read. I hope I can finish it this year and I really hope it’s a good fiction because I badly want to read an amazing book series this year.

3. Grit by Angela Duckworth – So much popularity and mixed opinions for this book but I love self-help books because obviously, I need them in my life. I am going to purchase this from Shoppee and I am so excited!

4. The Alchemist – this one is for re-reading. I have already read this I think around 2005 and I already forgot the book content. But as far as I can remember this one is a good and beautiful book. Its Paulo Coelho, so re-reading will surely be worth it.

5. Norse Mythology – my husband bought this book for his own reading so I will also include this on my list. Now, I’ve seen this as a popular purchase in one of the bookstores here, so I am guessing it’s a good one too. 

6. David and Goliath – I bought this too from BBW book sale. Its Malcolm Gladwell book and as of this writing, he is my favorite author. 

7. The Little Women – I want to insert at least one classic novel in my list every year. I started with Jane Austen’s Pride and Prejudice last year and surprisingly, I enjoyed reading it. I want to know more about these classic books and how they became famous.


That would do it for now for the first half of my list; I still need to search for more books so I can complete my list for this year. There's just too much books to read. Please booklovers, if you have suggestions kindly comment on the comment section and I'd truly appreciate it. I really wish to have my own library where I can just sit and let the coffee brew whole day so I can have a cup every time I want.  I’ll make the walls sound proof so nobody can disturb me while I’m in my lazy boy and reading a trilogy. OMG, daydreaming again! But at least, I’m daydreaming while writing this time so let’s hope this manifest soon! Hahaha! 

Stay positive and pass it on.

You Might Also Like

0 comments