What Is Your Passion?

Monday, March 25, 2019






It’s a shame that I haven’t even gotten the time to write my new year’s resolution for 2019 and its already ending March! How’s that for a start, huh?! Guess this year will be a year of learning about time management!

I have decided to review my wishes and goals for 2018. There are some that have been there for more than 5 years. I can’t give myself any excuse for that. I should have been working hard to achieve these goals and yet here I am always, always just putting off goals for the next year again and again. One of these recurring goals in my list every year is the goal to set up my own domain or website. And so I decided to take the plunge and go for it. And I’ve never been happier in any risk I’ve ever taken.

It was never a question of yes or no. It has always been “when?” I know deep in my heart that I always wanted a website of my own -- my own playground, my own sanctuary of my thoughts.  I believe I am a listener by nature. I am only noisy when I am with close friends. Introvert so they say. So I express myself better with the written words. Or so I believe haha.

I know that buying a domain wouldn’t make me a professional blogger and writing is the only ultimate chore that would help me become a “real blogger”. I might even get bashed for writing such simple thoughts and words with grammatical errors here and there (hey, I’m working on it!). But honestly speaking, I don’t care if I’ll ever get to that point where I can pay my bills with just writing because, for me, the act itself is its own reward. They say passion is something you would do even if its just for free, so here I am, pursuing my passion and even more because I am even paying for my passion by buying a domain! What kind of pursuer am I? Not the enviable one, right?


For this year, I only have one main goal, that is to better myself in writing. I think I’ve already done so much excuse in pursuing my goal of writing and blogging consistently. At this rate, I could probably achieve 10,000 hours by age 80 and who would want to achieve a goal you set during your 30s by that age? Well, if it takes me until I am 100 years old, I would still be writing by then, so I'll just keep on writing. The good news is I am progressing. Small steps and I’ll get there. I am positive about it. Well, in the process of pursuing a goal, do we have a choice? Positivity is the only way to go. So please 2019, be better than 2018.





Stay positive and pass it on!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Again congrats madam for achieving your blogging goals! It's never too late for anything. And yes, passion is passion. Even if you don't get anything back, the more important thing is that you are enjoying it! It's not about the destination - it's all about the journey! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much Kat! You know you're one of my inspiration in this blog! By the way, I don't post a lot but I am still continuing my 600 words writing project per day (with lapses of course hehehe). I don't post all my writings here because I don't want to make this look like my diary hahahah!

      Delete