A Mother's Prayer

Monday, July 01, 2013

For all the mothers, whenever you feel weary, just say this prayer to ease your somehow tired soul...

A Mother's Prayer
from the book: Straight from the Heart

God, help me always to remember 
that you have given to me
the most important task in the world,
the task of making a home.

Help me to remember this
when I am tired
of making beds, and washing clothes
and cooking meals, and cleaning floors,
and mending clothes,
and standing in shops.









Help me to remember it
when I am physically tired in body,
and when I am weary in mind
with the same things
which have to be done again and again,
day in and day out.

Help me never to be irritable
and never to be impatient.
Keep me always sweet.
Help me to remember
how much my husband 
and my children need me,
and help me not to get annoyed
when they take me for granted,
and when they never seem
to think of the extra work
they sometimes cause me.

Help me to make this home
such that the family will always be
eager to come back to it,
and such that, when the children grow up
and go out to their own homes,
they will have nothing
but happy memories of the home
from which they have come.

Through Jesus, Mary and Joseph.
Amen

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. i need this prayer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi! yes! i hope this prayer would bring you hope and peace. spread the love!

    ReplyDelete