Burn, Baby, Burn!

Saturday, April 07, 2012

Well, I wish I could dance to the "disco inferno burn baby burn" song. On the contrary, the title means burn-out, baby, burn-out! Had I known it would be this exhausting in the IT field, I should have taken up finance and work on a bank instead, lol.

Seriously speaking, whenever I feel too tired or bored at work, career shift always enter my mind. But no matter how dreadful I am whenever I'm assigned testing or programming task, when I get to finish the job I always feel a sense of fulfillment. Its like, "wow jocelyn, you're not only beautiful, but also one helluva of a smart girl!" wooohhoo!! hahaha! thanks to my positive attitude and great sense of humor!

I know I shouldn't be blogging about stress and all that since the theme of my blog is positivity and happiness but let's face it -- sometimes no matter how much energy for positivity you have, external factors may affect your mood. So, the next thing to think about is how do you go about bringing back positivity? 

Since my stress comes mainly from physical exhaustion, I think the best way to relieve and release stress is to give my body some pampering. Sounds exciting! I think I badly needed a massage and a spa treatment. I remember when I was still single, I would go to a spa as much as I can whenever I have the time. Its my way of treating myself after working like a dog (as the Beatles put it). But after I learned that I was pregnant, of course this vice came to halt.

Here are the spas I've been to and a small description of the each. 

1. The Spa. I've been to their branches at Acropolis, Trinoma and Greenbelt. The experience with The Spa is always a pleasure. Just stepping at their doorstep already gives you the relaxing mood with the ambiance and zen design of the place. I love, love, love the Honey Body Polish Treatment. This is my favorite spa among all I've been in the Metro.


2. The Suriya Spa.  So far, Suriya Spa is the most expensive spa I've ever been to. I cannot say that the services they offer is a magnitude different from the others I've tried so the expenses may not just be worth it. Of course, this is just for my very own opinion. By the way, the only service I've tried is the Mind and Body Harmony Massage since I find the service too expensive for my pocket. :)


 3. The GetAway Spa (G-Spa). I think G-Spa is probably be one of the most affordable spas in the city. But hey, the services never come cheap! Upon entrance, one may say that the place is too small, but when you get to the main lounge the place is actually spacious. Since their services are affordable, I tried one of their packages which is the All White Package which was composed of vanilla whitening scrub, milk bath, and Swedish massage. After the treatment, I thought my bod screamed "Thank you!".


4. Mont Albo Massage Hut. I really don't have much to say about this spa. The prices are very affordable but I think they need some improvement on the hygiene of the place (I've been in their SM Hypermarket branch only).  What I love about it are the nipa walls plus the "Hilot" service which promotes a Filipino-inspired spa. Of course, love your own culture :)



Now, where would be my next spa treatment? Just for wishful thinking, I hope I could try all of these best spas in the world! (source: CNTraveller.com)





How do you say that again? Spa-aaaaahhh!



You Might Also Like

0 comments