New Workout: Spinning Class

Monday, September 11, 2017

Last year, I tried a new form of cardio exercise and that is: Spinning or Indoor Cycling. I was a bit hesitant to try it because I don't know how to bike. My parents did not buy us a bicycle when we were kids because they don't like the idea of us using bikes on the streets as it might bring us into an accident. But I reaaaalllyyy need a workout so I guess there's no harm in trying.


At first, I admit, I didn't like it. Because the workout is almost pure cardio, I really had a hard time cycling for 1 minute continuously. I was very slow and I was really out of breath. At one point, I thought I was going to vomit. So I rested for about half a minute before spinning again. My very first spinning class did not go well but I was dripping with sweat after the 1 hour class so I decided to continue. 

I joined the spinning class at Elorde Fight Camp Bulacan last December. At the beginning, I would join the class for only once a week, sometimes its even once in two weeks. Come January of 2017, I got motivated to exercise more because I ate a lot during holidays (come on guys, you did too!) and gained a lot too. My weight went up again to 145 lbs and my sugar reached 190 again (I am diabetic). So I consistently joined the spinning class for twice a week. Gradually, I got in sync with my other spinning mates and my cadence improved. I am proud to say I can really pedal faster now and my lung capacity has improved! Another achievement for me in the field of health! Here's my short spinning class video clip:




There are a lot of spinning benefits, but the best benefit I got from this spinning exercise is the improvement of my cardiovascular system. I can now walk and go upstairs without having to catch my breath. Also, an hour spinning class can burn up to 500 calories so weight loss is another benefit for me. From my 145 lbs last December 2016, I am now 133 lbs. I know some people will say, that the weight loss is too slow. But hey, are we in a race here for weight loss? Obviously, I am not. A little improvement means so much more than none.

As for additional benefit, this workout made me lose weight but gain new friends who keep me motivated. Now that's a great workout deal. 


Squad goals!



Newly found friends who also prioritize health!

Uniform for our squad!

Stay positive! And pass it on! 


Spinning Class at Elorde Fight Camp-Bulacan at the following schedule:

Monday and Wednesday  6:30 PM: Coach Amie

Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday 6:30 PM: Coach Jeric

Friday 6:30 PM: Free Trial

Please contact the following if you want to join:
Landline: (044) 482-0085


Not into spinning class? How about boxing?
https://www.jocelynpryde.com/2016/01/2016-balik-alindog-program.html


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Nice! I saw your vid on FB on your spinning class, and I was really impressed on your cycling speed!

    I'm also starting to get into indoor cycling with my mtb + bike trainer setup at home. :D

    When you were starting with this workout, did your lower back hurt? Mine did after every session and I checked online that one cause for this is bad biking posture. Were you taught about proper posture during your spinning classes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jocelyn Dela, This is a very interesting study your article & retailed more content to get visit here.

    ReplyDelete