Singapore, We're Coming!

Wednesday, March 08, 2017

I am taking a break from blogging our experiences in Hong Kong because I've just received a good news from the hubby: we are going to Singapore! Weeeeee!! Another unexpected and unplanned travel. My husband will be presenting at the upcoming Black Hat Asia 2017 and I'm just so proud of him. The conference will held at Marina Bay Sands on March 28-31, 2017. But what particularly is Black Hat? I don't want to write a wrong information so I just grabbed details from their website:





The very first IT company I got involved into was Trend Micro. I remember when I was still employed in the company, Black Hat was one big thing for the anti-malware engineers. A few will be sent by the company to attend the conference and you must have an outstanding performance if you want to be selected. Back then (about 10 years ago), Black Hat was held usually in Las Vegas. At present, they carry out the conference in different parts of the world, which I think is a good thing, considering all the hassle of applying for a visa and booking expensive airfare and hotels. I didn't have the chance to attend though because I admit I am not very techy and I probably won't enjoy the conference and the topics so even though I secretly wished that I could attend Black Hat before, my primary wish was to actually experience being sent to another country with everything(almost) free hehe. And I think the universe have just granted my wish hahaha! My husband will be presenting at Black Hat Asia and so that means, me and my son can go around SG while Jayson is busy in his conference! This unplanned travel seems reasonable, financially speaking, since we only get to pay our airfare. Jayson's airfare and hotel accommodation will be handled by the company he works for plus per diem for everyday he is in SG. Although unplanned, we still decided to go because we think we can still manage our finances since 1) We can stay in my husband's hotel, so accommodation is free 2) My sister works in Singapore so going around would not be a problem anymore 3) Sister has free tickets to SG zoo courtesy of his company, she can invite 3 persons for free zoo entrance yaaayy!!! 4) Swoosh has been nagging us about going to Legoland on his birthday because we promised we'll bring him there and even if his birthday is monthsss away, I think this will be a good time to go because he's already too excited, and 5) Its gonna be the first time that the three of us will be on a travel vacation on our own. Nobody else, just the three of us!

I am hoping this Singapore travel would be awesome! And I am just so excited to explore Singapore!

Now off to my everyday Mommy duties hehehehe.

Stay positive and pass it on!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Wow so exciting! Good job to your hubby! And have fun in SG! :D

    ReplyDelete