I Shape Me.

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

And for today's inspiration, I found this quote that really inspired me to get up and get this body working! I kinda feel lazy today (blame it on PMS!) but this got me going. 

Its September and I still haven't reached my target weight which is 118 lbs. Let me just emphasize that on the first day of this year (January 1, 2013) my weight was 142 lbs. Oh yeah! At 5'2 tall, who would think that during my "single" days I weighed 105 lbs! And I am not exaggerating it, I was really living an unhealthy lifestyle late last year due to stress and some other factors that I can no longer remember. Almost everyday was a Starbucks day, everyday I ate breakfast and lunch (sometimes even my dinner!) that I bought from the fast food chain because I was so lazy to cook meals for myself and for the family, I would take the cab even if I can easily walk the short distance from the MRT to the office. It was the lifestyle of an ordinary employee working from 9am-6pm and literally have no time for herself.

After resigning from my day job, I realized how unhealthy I've become. It was really an eye-opener for me when I was catching my breath most of the time and really getting so tired after playing with my one year old son. I thought this should not be. I can only take care of my son if I am healthy enough and the last thing a mother would want to happen to her is to be sick and not being able to take care of her child. And to that I decided that I am willing to take all these pains of exercising even if its not really something that I like doing even when I was still single. 

The thing with doing something almost everyday, whether you like it or not, is that it instantly becomes a habit. And that is why, today, even if I am not in the mood to work out, I still do it. Because my body is already looking for it when I am not working out. Its like already a part of my weekly routine that I should work out at least 3 times in a week. If I don't get to do that, I almost feel weak and stressed and I feel like I've got tons of fat lurking in my whole body and multiplying everyday! Ahahaha! So for all you girls out there, I know its really hard at the start but true enough are the words that I read from some fitness motivational quotes website:

THE PAIN YOU FEEL TODAY, WILL BE THE STRENGTH YOU WILL FEEL TOMORROW.

And it surely makes sense now! I am happy to say that my work out is starting to pay off! Yes, not yet on my target weight but I am surely getting there. And one more thing, I know I am stronger today because I can easily carry my son, play with him all day and still feel energized, climb the MRT stairs without panting like a horse. And for that I say thank you Lord for giving me the strength to keep going. So let's all continue this and we will surely get to our goal weight!





Thanks for this fitspiration!

Keep inspiring others!

You Might Also Like

0 comments