Little Big Sister

Thursday, November 08, 2012


These past few months, I've been completely enamored by God's blessings not just for me but for all the people dear to me. I was able to witness how much abundance of opportunity that can come along anyone's way if we just have a positive attitude and optimism regarding new things that could change our lives. So, forgive me for updating this blog a little less frequent than before.

One of the blessings we received in our family is the passing of my sister's application to work as a customer service representative in another land, Singapore. Its been more than a month since my youngest sister flew to Singapore to fulfill her lifelong dream of working abroad and live independently. And though it breaks my heart to see her leaving our home to live offshore, I'm still happy for her because I know this is the beginning of a colorful wave of career for her. Aja, little sister!

Charies will always be a little sis my eyes, but looking at what she had become now,  I would have to say that she's matured enough to take on a big sister's responsibility. I remember that most of the time I confide to her my problems and consult her for decision-making.  And whenever I am sick she would always take care of me and cook for me. When did these all start? I couldn't remember changing positions with her in the sibling hierarchy!

My two sisters are my best friends and I know that at the end of the day, though we are now physically living apart from one another, we will always be there for one another should the need arise. I believe that my Mom and Dad was able to raise us three girls with a lot of love for each other being the supportive sibling they both had been to their own sisters and brothers. It will always be one of those values I would always be proud to say that I learned from my parents. I know a lot us have problems with our sisters but hey, would you rather have one or none?

I am more than glad to see my little sis take the risk of this new endeavor and I enthusiastically support her 101%. Cheers to sisterhood and to the start of a something great ahead! I miss you, my little big sis!

My Little Sisterduring her Kindergarten Graduation

You Might Also Like

0 comments