Gadgets Galore!

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

For someone who works in the IT field, you would think that it may be odd that I never get interested in buying lots of gadgets. And I swear, if you want to know anything about gadgets, I may just be the last person you would like to ask for an opinion. Because honestly, I don't know anything about these high tech, expensive, complicated specs gadgets.

For personal use, I own a laptop (3year old), a cellphone(5year old) and a point and shoot digicam ( I can barely remember when did I buy it). These things do the works for me and I'm very happy with their performance. I don't know what did I say to my dear husband but for Mother's day he keeps on insisting to buy me a tablet. I got hold of an Ipad and Galaxy Tab and instantly want to own one. But after sometime, I thought what am I gonna do with it? For me its just practicality, but for some, I know they would just easily say I'm so "kuripot". Two weeks of my husband's stay in California and he said I'd better decide what I want. With all these gadgets, how can I pinpoint which would fit my needs? What gadget would an woman like me needs to help in my multi-tasking? Managing household, taking care of the baby, working in corporate IT, blogging for a hobby, and having fun with my girlfriends, which do you recommend should I be getting? I surely hope to get your insights!

1. Apple Ipad 2 - An eye candy for the techie peeps! But I always thought, if I buy this today what upgrade version would we have on the late quarter of the year? Apple has been known for releasing upgraded versions of their products very often. I don't want to be "addicted to Apple products and keep buying when there's a new release!



2. Samsung Galaxy Tab - All I know is that, this tablet from Samsung performs better than the Ipad. Higher processor and can connect to a USB port too. For the techie peeps, I got a good feedback from them regarding Samsung Galaxy Tab than the Ipad. Hmmm... tough competition huh. :)

3. Kindle Fire - For a book lover like me, Kindle might just be the most useful gadget I could own. I love reading and this gadget is made especially for reading instead of being actually a tablet. Kindle offers a good user interface, very light and handy, with free e-books when you buy it from Amazon, and functions as a tablet too. What I don't like about this is that it has no built in camera. But as I've said, my Sony point and shoot digicam, which I have been using since the birth of digicams, never failed to do the job for me. So, right now, Kindle can still be considered.


These are the three gadgets I'm choosing from right now. Someone suggested the Asus Eee Pad but I haven't got to read a review about it. A Blackberry phone somehow crosses my mind but I doubt if I can use it for browsing web pages with too much load. 

Whew! I just can't make up my mind with these techie gadgets that at times, I am really beginning to think they are worthless. Lol. But for now, all I know is that I'd be happiest if my husband would purchase this Mac lipstick for me. :D

Mac Pink Nouveau



You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Go for the iPad. You would later see how great it is with kids! It's intuitive and the experience of watching your baby play with it and become smarter each day is priceless!

    I chose it from the other choices because of the variety of apps readily available.

    As for staying "addicted to Apple products and keep buying when there's a new release", I don't believe you would suddenly become that keen on the new versions. We own an iPhone 3G, and it has been with us for almost 4 years, and can still pretty much do what the new versions do. It is now battered and quite slow, but still, I would like to think we got the value of what we paid for it years back. Sulit na sulit naman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for the input Nestle! alam mo naman minsan lang kami bumili ng gadget kaya matinding palaisipan ahahaha!

    ReplyDelete