Endogenous Morphine

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Oh no, I am not talking about drugs here! Endogenous Morphine is what we actually know as "endorphins" or the "happy cells". According to Wikipedia, " Endorphins ("endogenous morphine") are endogenous opioid peptides that function as neurotransmitters.They are produced by the pituitary gland and the hypothalamus in vertebrates during exercise, excitement,painconsumption of spicy foodlaughterlove and orgasm, and they resemble the opiates in their abilities to produce analgesia and a feeling of well-being."

Endorphins are always linked to working out or exercising because they are instantly produced after exercising. I am not really a "work-out person". In fact, I hate exercising. But with the pictures of beaches flowing in my news feed in Facebook, I am starting to think otherwise regarding getting a fit body. I've really grown big after the baby came out and looking at the mirror is no longer appealing to me. Also, this is one common suggestion among the list of things to do to make one feel good.


And so I decided to give it a try. I am only working for four days in a row, I jog and do zumba alternately and I am hoping for a great result! Summer has officially begun the end of February for me because I can feel the toil already of commuting amidst the hotness of the weather. To keep me motivated, I decided to blog about it and to read some quotes about working out. To those who wants to get fit and are close to ending what you've started, please don't! Read some quotes here and get your bodies moving! We can do this! Aja!



Be patient, my dears!
And I've just discovered a whole new way of releasing that positive energy when I am down! 

I'll keep posting inspirational quotes in my blog to keep us going. Hope these phrases motivates you to keep on moving get that bod you badly want!

Let's do this! Stay positive and pass it on!


Photos from shapes.com

You Might Also Like

0 comments