October is All About ... Pink.

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Ladies and gentlemen, today I am writing for one of my advocacies:




October is National Breast Cancer Awareness. October is also the month my Mom died, 4 years ago due to this disease. And it was the most trying time of my life which I thought I would never be able to survive. Losing my Mom is like losing half of myself. But our family's experience with this illness need not be hidden or forgotten, instead, I feel the need to share it to the world.


Had we been aware about breast cancer and how a large percentage of women can acquire it in her lifetime, we may have detected it in earlier stage and she may have a bigger chance of survival. Every woman should know about breast cancer. Early diagnosis and detection may already mean your own survival. Knowing it exists does not mean anything. Give yourself a favor girl, always perform a self-check and if you can afford it, a mammogram and ultrasound would be very helpful. Self examination is as easy as 1,2,3 and would only take a minute or two. For instructions on how to do it, please click on the link below:


Ladies, imagine how your life may turn out to be if you become a victim of this disease. Imagine how your children would grow up be without you, your parents how would they survive the agony of losing you, your siblings how would they cope with the incompleteness of the family, your friends the pain of losing a once a shoulder to cry on. Don't let that happen to you. Be aware, and then share.

Dear Mom, this post is dedicated to you. I promise that though you're gone, you will still be an inspiration to many people... just as you were when you were still with us. I love you.


You Might Also Like

0 comments